Monday, May 19, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch8

Chapter 8:

Later that night, we all gathered in the great dining room at Uncle Mario’s for a nice dinner. Everyone was there and excited about different things. All the cousins and Stephen could talk about was Grandma’s house, my parents were busy talking about new business schemes, and Uncle Mario and Sidney were talking about the arena. I just sat in silence listening to all the excitement. And I started to think about what I would be helping Uncle Mario with.
An hour and a half went by and dinner was finally finished. Everyone returned to the bedrooms for the night. I sat out on my veranda, eating my raspberry sorbet thinking about Sidney. Then I saw the light go on in his room. “I have to see him” I thought to myself. I put down the sorbet and grabbed a pair of green cotton pants, and a pale pink silk camisole and put them on. Then I touched up my lip gloss, picked up my sorbet, and snuck down stairs where of course, Amanda was sitting reading a book. “Amanda” I whispered, “please cover for me, I have to go talk to you know who. If my mother asks for me tell her I was feeling sick and went to bed early.” “Sure thing Miss Kay” she whispered back and winked at me.
I ran outside through the stone walkway and entered Sid’s wing through his own entrance. I walked up the stairs to his room, and knocked lightly on the door. “It’s open” he said, I could tell he was tired. I opened the door, and he immediately sat up. “Hey”, he said “Hi yourself” I said back sitting on the bed. “What’s on your mind?” he asked, “Well, nothing really. I just wanted to wish you a good night” I said holding back. “Oh, well alright then goodnight Kay” he said sliding back down on the bed. “Goodnight” I said, getting up for the door. When I grabbed the knob I felt his hands on my arm, with that he spun me around and looked at me. “What did you really want to say” he said looking me right in the eyes. I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell him. Panicking, I made something up. “Well, I wanted to thank you for acting so calm around my family, and they wanted me to tell you that you me, and Uncle Mario are going to the arena tomorrow morning” I said looking down. “Oh” he said sounding disappointed, “Well then I’ll be seeing you tomorrow morning” he said as I backed away from him towards the door. “Uh yeah, see you tomorrow” I said. Feeling hurt and mad at myself because I couldn’t tell him the truth, I ran down the hallway with hot tears staining my face.
I got to my room and opened the veranda doors, and threw myself onto the small diva couch. I couldn’t help but to cry. I knew that I have strong feelings for Sidney but I could not bring myself to tell him the truth. “This is just like me” I said to myself. When I finally calmed down, I looked into Sidney’s window, and saw the TV light shut off. “I wonder if he feels the same way about me” I asked myself as I crawled into my bed. Then I fell asleep with that question burning my mind.
It seemed like I had only been sleeping for 5 minutes, when Amanda entered my room. “Miss Kay, it is 7:30. You leave for the arena in one hour” she said, while opening the veranda doors. “It is beautiful outside, already around 65 degrees. I will be downstairs making your breakfast while you get ready” she continued as she walked back over to my door. “Thank you Amanda”, I said as she disappeared behind the wooden door.
“Shower time” I said to myself, while turning on the radio in the bathroom. I got in the shower, and washed fairly quickly. Then I toweled off, blow-dried and straightened my hair. “What to wear” I said. Walking into my closet, I saw a black tight fitting t-shirt that would hug my thin body perfectly, and I picked out a pair of white capris. Then I added a gold necklace for a little flair. “Penguins colors” I said laughing. I picked up a pair of gold flip flops and walked out the door.

No comments: