Saturday, May 31, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch20

Chapter 20:
He handed me a pair of sweatpants out of his bag, of course they were too big, but I put them on anyway. Then he threw a t-shirt at me and put it on. I watched him put on his shirt, every muscle in his stomach flexing and relaxing. “What?” he asked when he realized I was staring at him, “Nothing” I said shaking the image of him standing naked above me out of my head. He motioned for me to put my jacket and shoes on. “Hmm… red pumps don’t really match sweatpants” I said. I handed the shoes to Sid, “Put these in your bag and I’ll be right back.” I ran to one of the closets that held my ice skates, and some of my other things and I took out my emergency pair of socks and sneakers. When I walked back into the room Sidney was packing his stuff in his bag. I sat down next to him on the bench and put my shoes on. “Always prepared” I said tying the laces. He stood up, grabbed my hand and we walked out of the arena out the back entrance to the car.
“It’s about time you showed up” Kevin said when we walked outside. “We were just talking about the game” Sid said as Kevin closed the door. I slid close to Sid once we were on our way. [The car has a divider between the driver and passengers like a limo, so Kevin couldn’t see] He reached his arm around me and I snuggled into his chest. “Much better” I said to him. He tilted my head up and gave me a soft kiss. “You are perfect” he said. I thanked him with a kiss and settled back in his arms. It was around 1:30 when we arrived home. Sidney said he would see me in the morning and told me to go to bed, he knew I was tired. So I went upstairs and slid right into bed. His shirt smelled like him, and all I could remember was the feel of his body pressed against mine.
*******
When I woke up, I put on different pants so that Sidney’s wouldn’t fall off when I walked downstairs. When I went downstairs, Sunday breakfast was being made. The smell of waffles filled the air. I was the first one downstairs, so I sat at the table and talked to Amanda about the days upcoming events. Right when Sidney and my uncle walked in, she asked me what I did last night after the game. “Well Sidney and I were um… talking about the game for a while. He asked me what I noticed about the other player’s body language and um… habits” I said, putting emphasis on ‘body language’. He looked at me with a devilish grin and sat down in his seat. My mother and father came into the room followed by my brother, and then my cousins.
It was a nice breakfast. We talked about Christmas [it was a little more than a week away] and what our plans were. Sidney was sitting across from me, and was watching every move I made. I noticed this quickly and decided to take advantage of him. I took a bite of my waffle and carefully licked the syrup off the fork with my tongue, and smacked my lips. He moved uneasily in his seat and gave me a ‘stop it if you know what is good for you later’ look. I snickered and asked to be excused. I went up to my room and decided that I wanted to go with my uncle and Sidney to the arena for the day. “Hey Uncle Mario?” I called downstairs, “Yes Kay” he called back. “What time are you leaving for the arena today?” “In about a half hour”, he said. “I think I’m going to come with you”, “Alright, just be ready for a media day”.
I took a quick shower, disappointed to be alone this time, and blow-dried my hair, then put it up in a teased ponytail. Then I grabbed a pair of jet black skinny jeans, and a long sleeved white blazer with a ¼ of an inch of metallic gold lining. Then I found a pair of black pumps and put on a gold chain Coach necklace. I applied my makeup and grabbed a pair of white leather gloves. Then I headed downstairs. When I walked down the stairs, Sidney was just coming into the foyer. “Time to go” he said flatly and walked outside to the car.
The ride to the arena was almost silent. Except for Uncle Mario talking to some reporter on his cell phone, the only other noise was the hum of the car engine. When we got to the arena, my uncle was first to get out, then me and then Sidney. When I got out of the car, I waited for Sidney. He stood next to me, and playfully shoved my shoulder. When we walked into the arena, he bent over and whispered “Now at least I’ll have something goof to look at while I have to do this shit”. “True” I said with a giggle as we walked into the meeting room.
I took a seat in the back corner. Close enough to hear and see, far enough to not be noticed. They asked him all these question about the opposing teams, his strategies, the team, the coach. Almost every question about the game over hockey was answered. After some answers, he would look over at me, and I would look back. We weren’t allowed to show emotion to each other, because we both didn’t want to give anyone hints about us. Finally, it was over. When he was done, he wanted to just shoot some pucks around to relax before we went home.
I walked with him and my uncle down to the dressing room. I looked towards the shower room and smiled. Sid saw this and started laughing. I walked out of the room, down the runway and sat down on the bench. A few minutes later, Sid was out on the ice. Every shot sailed into the net, even his slap shots. It was amazing to me. After a few minutes he skated over to the bench. “Want to try some?” he said with a smile, “Well I don’t really know, I’m wearing heels and--“ “I’ll help you, come on” he said taking my hand and pulling me onto the ice. He held my waist as we went out to the nearest goal. I slipped a little, but he just held me tighter. “Best out of 5?” he asked handing me his stick. “Sure, but what are the stakes?” I asked the same as yesterday. “If I win, you come out to dinner and spend the night with me. If I lose, I make you dinner.” He said encouraging me to take the stick. He took one step back and I hit the puck. ‘Dink’, it went right off the left post. “Too bad” he said taking the stick. He grabbed another puck and shot it. Of course, it went in. I took another shot that sailed wide. “Uh-oh” he said with a devilish grin. “You are one shot away from being forced to spend the night with me. I knew he was kidding and just trying to find a cute way to ask me out, so I let him play around. He took his shot, and of course made it. After I lost, I wanted to try something. “Come here” I said. I covered his eyes with my hands. “What are you doing?” he asked, “Shoot it” I said. He turned his body a little, and hit the puck. With perfect accuracy, it went right in. “Wow, my boyfriend really is the best thing hockey has ever seen” I said. “Boyfriend?” he said with a questioning tone “Well I don’t really like you that much” he said. “What?!” I squealed. “I’m kidding Kay. And by the way, my girlfriend should really stick to dancing”. I hit his arm and lost my balance, but just like a bodyguard, he picked me up and kissed me. Then he carried me bridal style to the bench and set me back on my feet. “I have some more things to go over with your uncle, so go back home. Be ready at 7:00” he said leaning in to kiss me. “How should I dress?” I asked, “How you would for your favorite restaurant. Tonight, is all about you” he said. I gave him a peck on the cheek, turned on my heel and walked out to the car with a smile on my face. “The first actual date… this is going to be fun” I said. Then Kevin shut the door, and we were off for home.

No comments: