Monday, May 19, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch9

Chapter 9:

“You look cute today” Amanda said, handing me a bowl of fruit. “Thank you” I said back with a smile. “We will be leaving in 5 minutes Miss” Kevin said walking into the kitchen. I quickly ate my fruit, went back upstairs to brush my teeth, grabbed my Pittsburgh Penguins sport jacket, and then headed out to the car.
“Good morning Kay” Uncle Mario said. “Good morning to you too” I said flashing a smile as I got in the car. “Hello Sidney” I said politely. “Hi” he said back, but not looking at me. “Is everyone excited for our trip to the arena?” Uncle Mario asked. “Yes” Sidney and I said at the same time. As we drove on the highway, Uncle Mario was busy talking on the phone, and Sidney was looking out the window. I took this time to look at him very closely. He was wearing a pair of grey pants, with a navy blue polo. He had a nice tan on his arms and face. He saw me looking at him, and smiled at me. I blushed and looked away.
Soon we arrived at the arena. “Finally” I said running for the door, “I’ll be in the stands Uncle Mario” I yelled to him from the entryway. I sat down in a section on center ice and watched the workers lay out the ice. I must have been watching for a long time, because they had finished putting the water down, and it was already being smoothed. I decided to go to the dressing rooms. As I walked down the hallway, I was greeted by the smiling faces of the arena employees. Then I entered the dark hallway leading to the dressing rooms. I went into the dressing room, sat down on the bench, and looked at the empty stalls. “You know, my name is going to be right there” Sidney said walking in and pointing to the stall next to the wall. I just smiled at him. “You must really love it here Kay” he said sitting down next to me. “Yeah” I said back with a blank expression. Then we sat there in silence for about 5 minutes.
“You kids ready to go to lunch?” Uncle Mario said, peeking his head through the entrance. “Yeah” we said at the same time. “I’ll be right there” I said as they walked out of the room. I stood up, and took one final look around. “This season is going to be spectacular” I said to myself. With that I walked out of the dressing room, and headed for the car.
“So Sidney, what do you think of the arena?” Uncle Mario asked him as the car pulled away. “It’s really nice, I’m so excited for our first practice” he said with a big smile. “Good” Uncle Mario said. “We will be going to a small deli to pick up sandwiches for everyone at the house. Kay, your mother will be leaving at 4:00 today, so we are going to eat right before they leave”. “Sounds good to me” I said looking out the window. “Then tonight, Natile and I are going to dinner with some old friends. You two have the house to yourself, feel free to do whatever” Uncle Mario said looking at his Blackberry. “Yes” I thought to myself. “This will be the perfect time for us to hang out”.
When we arrived at the deli, my Uncle Mario told me to go in and pick up the order. “It’s already paid for” he said. When I walked in, there was a small woman waiting behind the counter. “Hello” I said politely, “Order for Mario”. “Sure thing” she said as she hustled into the kitchen. She came back a minute later with a large canvas bag. “Twelve sandwiches to go” she said, “You are all set, have a nice day”. I went back to the car, Kevin took the bag and then I hopped in. “Are we all set?” Uncle Mario said. “Yup” I replied, “Back to home it is”.
We arrived back at the house, where Amanda and Nancy greeted us at the walkway. “I will take those Kevin” Nancy said taking the bag from him, “Everyone is in the back”. We walked outback to see a table full of hungry faces. “Kay!” Alexa shouted, “I missed you”. “I missed you too Lexa. I missed all of you” I said looking at my cousins. I had missed them, but not that much. I loved my privacy, especially with Sidney around. We ate lunch and were finished by 3:45. “Time to get ready to go” my mother said to everyone. “Grandmas, Grandmas, Grandmas!” the little ones chanted as they left the table. “It’s going to be a long ride” my father said laughing as he stood up from the table. I sat there with Sidney, Uncle Mario, and Aunt Natile talking about my upcoming night. “I think I’m going to practice my dancing and stretch for a while. Then maybe watch a movie” I said looking towards Sidney’s direction. “Sounds good” Uncle Mario said, “How about you Sid?” he asked. “Well I have some plays to study for the upcoming practices next week, and I think I’m going to work out sometime later.” he said looking back to my Uncle. “Quiet night for you two” Uncle Mario said taking a sip of water. When he said that my heart started to beat faster. “I wonder if he knows, can he tell that I like him, what if Amanda told him about the other night?” I thought to myself, panicking. “You can have Amanda and Nancy make you dinner tonight, or you can order out from anywhere” he said standing up, “I’ll leave you money, but now I think I hear Cathy calling us”.
We walked into the entryway of my house, and sure enough everyone was waiting for us. Goodbye hugs and kisses were exchanged between everyone and then they left. “If you excuse me” Uncle Mario said, “I’m going to take a short nap, then shower and get ready for dinner. Natile is going out to do some errands before dinner. Dinner is at 7:00, but we are scheduled to leave at 5:45 because of traffic issues and a long commute.” “Alright Uncle Mario” I said, “Call me down before you leave”. “Sure thing Kay” he said walking up the stairs. “See you later Sid” I said in a flirtatious tone, and walked upstairs.
I turned on the TV, but quickly fell asleep. I was woken up and hour later by Amanda. “Miss, your uncle is leaving now.” I got up, fixed my hair and ran down the stairs. “Goodbye guys. Have fun” I said to my aunt and uncle. “Goodbye Kay, have fun tonight” Aunt Natile said with a smile. Two minutes later, I was standing in an empty entryway. “Yes” I said. I walked into the kitchen and saw Amanda. “Amanda, I know it is early, but I think I’m going to make Sidney and I pasta tonight. Then order an Oreo pizza from Domino’s. So you and Nancy can have the rest of the night off.” I said kindly. “Thank you Miss Kay” she said, “And Amanda, please stay away” I said to her with a wink. “I understand completely” she said walking out of the kitchen. I looked around to make sure no one was looking, and then I did leaps down the hallways, into Sidney’s wing.

No comments: