Sunday, May 25, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch14

Chapter 13:

The whole ride to the airport all I did was play with my new phone. When I turned it on, I saw that the background was set to a picture of the whole family. “They must have taken this before I came downstairs” I said to myself smiling, although I was a little disappointed that Sidney wasn’t in the picture. I looked at the contacts and saw that the whole family and all of my friends’ numbers were in it. Just as I finished setting up the internet, we arrived at the airport.
I stepped out into the cool air and took a deep breath. Kevin took all of my luggage and put it on a cart while I grabbed my purse filled with the essentials for the flight. Kevin checked my luggage in to the first class desk and he sent me off to the terminal. “Now Kay” he said to me sternly, “You will sit here until your flight is called to board in about a half an hour. Your mother and father have arranged for a car to pick you up at the airport in Massachusetts. All you need to worry about is this backpack, all your other luggage will be handled by the driver”. “Alright” I said nodding, partly paying attention to him and partly worrying about the flight. I gave him a hug, sat down and watched him walk away.
About 25 minutes later, the plane started boarding. I walked up to the airport personnel and gave her my ticket. With a kind smile she wished me a good flight. I found my seat and sat down. About twenty minutes later the pilot announced that we would be taking off very soon. According to schedule we took off 5 minutes later. I took out a book and began to read.
Two hours later we landed, and I exited into the terminal to find my driver waiting. When everything was packed into the car we took off for the conservatory. Not long after we drove out of the airport, we were driving into the Boston Conservatory. I was shown to my dorm and introduced to my roommate.
“Hi there, I’m Jessica, what’s your name?” “Kay” I said to her in the nicest voice as possible, “Very nice to meet you” she said with a smile. I noticed her southern accent, “So where are you from?” I asked pulling my trunks in from the hallway. “I’m from Tennessee, what about you?”“Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania” I said. “Oh cool” she said, “Well I’ll give you some time to unpack and set up your area” she said pointing to the full size bed, equipped with drawers underneath, the desk, dresser and wardrobe. “Thank you” I said to her, “Later on we can get some dinner together.” “That would be great” she said walking out of the room. I took out my sheets and made my bed, then unpacked all my dance clothes and put them into the drawers underneath my bed.
I took out one of the trunks with my regular clothes and lifted it onto my bed. When I opened it, I saw a Penguin’s jersey laying there. I picked it up and looked on the back… ‘Crosby’ 87. “Oh my gosh” I said. I sat there staring at it for a few minutes; just then my phone started vibrating in my pocket. “Hey mom” I said into the phone, “Honey, how are you?” “I’m fine mom, just unpacking my things”. “Oh that’s good, what’s wrong honey, you seem flustered?” “Well I opened up my clothes trunk and I found a jersey with Sidney’s number on it, I think I just miss him”, “Oh that is so sweet well I have to go, call me later when you get fully settled”, “Alright mom”, “Love you sweetie”.
I put the jersey on my bed and unpacked the rest of my clothes. I put up all of my pictures of my friends on the bulletin board behind my desk. Just then Jessica walked in. “Hey Kay are you ready for dinner?” “Yeah let me just get my purse” I grabbed my purse off the table and threw on a pair of flip flops. We walked outside to the dining hall where a bunch of people were gathered eager to meet new people. We got in line behind two other girls that were from a room down the hall from us. “Hi I’m Micah” (pronounced my-kuh), “And this is my twin Brianna, but you can tell us apart because I have highlights and she doesn’t.” We all laughed and found a table to sit and eat at. After an hour of talking to each other, learning about where we were from and such, Jessica and I decided to go and get everything ready for our first dance class tomorrow. “Hey, we’re in that class too!” Brianna said with a smile. Then we exchanged numbers and went back to the dorm.
When we got back, there were two big envelopes with our entire schedules in them. Jessica and I had ballet, lyrical, tap, and conditioning together. I had three classes before lunch with a break in between each one. Then I had a 2 hour block for lunch, and four classes after that. My classes were over by 6:30 each night. “Perfect” I said out loud. “What?” Jessica said popping her head out of the bathroom brushing her teeth. “Nothing” I said looking over at the jersey. “I’ll be able to get dinner and bring it back here to watch the game” I said in my head. After Jess was done, I took a quick shower and quickly fell asleep.

No comments: