Sunday, May 25, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch14

Chapter 14:

I woke up around 7:00, and put my leotard and tights on with a cute warm-up sweater and pants. A few minutes later, I was ready to go to breakfast. Jess and I ate a light meal and headed off to ballet. That was probably the hardest ballet class I’ve ever had to take in my life. Next was tap, which was a nice break from stretching. The teacher was really cool too. Then I had my pointe class. Jess wasn’t in that class but Micah was, and we quickly made friends with many girls in that class. During my lunch block I went back to the dorm with my sandwich and turned on the TV.
“Hockey’s newest superstar will take the ice for his first NHL pre-season game this Saturday at 7:00 p.m.” said a broadcaster. Then it showed a clip of whom else, but Sidney. His voice then came on over the video clip. “For sure, this is going to be exciting. It’s a great experience and I can’t wait to start up my career. Staring at the TV I realized how much I missed him. I sighed, stood up, threw out my sandwich rapper, and headed off to my second round of classes.
That was how it was for the first few days. I had grown really close to Jess, Micah and Brianna. We always hung out with each other and had a tradition where we would eat lunch together every day. I talked to my family almost every day, but my feeling of being home-sick slowly faded away. I would check my cell phone for a new text message every once in a while, but nothing ever was there. That was until Saturday night after the first preseason game. “Oh my gosh” I gasped.
Inbox (1 new message):
From: unknown
Kay- I scored that goal for you tonight. I really hope you are having fun.
Enjoy my jersey; it’s the first from the draft. Only 53 days left until you
come home. Miss you every minute. Xo Sid :)
“Oh my gosh” I said looking at my phone. “The first jersey, from the… the draft. Wow” I ran over to my desk and picked up the jersey and put it on. Then I took a picture of me wearing it with a big smile.
Create Message:
To: Sidney
Sid- Your goal was amazing. Sorry for the loss though. I’ll be watching every game. Don’t have too much fun without me. See you in 53 days.
I miss you too. Xoxo- Kay. P.s. I hope you like the picture.
I attached the picture to the message and sent it. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep. It is going to be a tiring and long 53 days.

*************
After 4 weeks of texting Sidney almost twice a day [in-between lunch and when I went to bed], and managing to get in some 5 minute long conversation on the phone, we finally had a night to actually talk for more than a few minutes. I was sitting on a bench outside in the courtyard when he called.
“It is so good to hear your voice without any background” he said when I picked up. After a few minutes of him telling me about his days, he chirped up.”So how’s the conservatory? Are you having fun? How are your new friends? How are your teachers?” “Whoa! Slow down there eager beaver” I said with a laugh, “One question at a time”. “Sorry” he said “I’m just really happy that you are having fun. Although I bet you miss sleeping next to me”. The thought of his body pressed against mine made me smile in delight. “Well” I said with a sigh, “That I do miss. But everything is great here; you don’t need to worry about me. I’ll be fine.” “So, there isn’t any, um, new boys that you’ve been talking to are there?” he asked, I could tell he was nervous for the answer. “No” I said flat out, “Really?” he asked surprised. “Yes Sidney, I made up my mind the second I left that I’m here for dancing, not to find another boyfriend. There aren’t any new girls for you… are there?” I said, not really knowing what to expect. “No Kay. I told you once, and I’ll tell you again, no one will replace you.” I grinned from ear to ear as the 10:00 chime rang from the clock at the top of the library. “It’s already ten” Sidney almost whispered into the phone, “I think you should go get all snuggled into bed and go to sleep.” He sounded so cute on the other end I could feel my cheeks burning with heat. “Yes daddy” I said giggling, “Goodnight Sidney”. “Goodnight… Oh and Kay?” he asked quickly, “Don’t call me daddy again, unless we’re in the bedroom.” Shocked at his response, all I could manage was a squeak and then I heard his laugh, and the phone went dead.

No comments: