Monday, May 19, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch10

Chapter 10:

“Sidney?” I yelled walking into his living room. “Yeah?” he said walking down the stairs, shirtless, and holding a towel. “Oh sorry I didn’t knock” I started to say, caught a little off guard by his clothing situation. “That’s alright” he said drying off his abs. “Well I just wanted to know if you wanted some pasta and sauce since I’m making myself dinner tonight” I asked while looking down at the ground. “That sounds great” he said flashing a smile. “Be in my kitchen in 20 minutes” I said to him walking out the door. “Sweet” I heard him say after I shut the door. I smiled and ran back to my house.
I went into my room, and picked out a pink Ralph Lauren short sleeve sweater, a super short denim miniskirt and a pair of white gold studs. I took my hair out of a pony tail, and let it hang loose around my shoulders. Then I took out my new diamond ballet shoe necklace and touched up my makeup. I went downstairs into the kitchen and filled up a fancy pot with water, then took some frozen sauce out of the freezer that Amanda or Nancy had already made. I put the pasta in the water and the sauce in another pan to heat up. Then I took out two blue placemats and put them outside on the table. The weather was perfectly warm, with a nice breeze. I went back inside, took out two plates and put two scoops of tender pasta on each. I topped them perfectly with sauce, and put them on the oven to keep warm. I grabbed a bread basket out of the cabinet and filled it with whole wheat rolls. I brought the basket, butter and a pitcher of ice water outside all at once. I then put all the dishes in the dishwasher, and as I closed the door, Sidney walked in.
“Smells great” he said walking over to me. I handed him the glasses and napkins and gave him a small “Thanks” in reply. He then looked around the kitchen as to where to put the glasses. “Not in here” I said walking in front of him, “Here” I said when I reached the outside table. “Fancy”, he said putting the glasses down. We sat down and began to eat. “You are a good cook” he said looking up at me. “Thanks” I said smiling, “But all I did was cook some pasta and reheat some sauce”. “Well, that’s good enough in my book” he said taking a sip of water. “Have you ever had an Oreo pizza?” I asked him, “No” he said. “Well we’re going to change that”. We finished eating a few minutes later. “I’m going to call Domino’s” I said to him standing up. I walked into the house, flexing my calf muscles just in case he happened to be looking. After I hung up the phone, I heard the clanking of dishes in the sink. I turned around to see Sid standing there with all the dishes from off the table. “Thank you” I said softly, relieved I didn’t have to go back outside. “No, thank you” he said, “Dinner was amazing, you didn’t have to do this.” “We have 30 minutes” I said to him with a smile, “Then we can pig out on a chocolaty piece of heaven.” “What do you want to do?” he asked, “I want to show you something” I said taking his hand and walking up to my room.
We got to the door, and my heart was racing. “Alright” I said with a shaky voice, “This is my very private spot. I don’t let a lot of people see in here, only the people I really trust.” I put the emphasis on really trust. “Whatever you see in here means a lot to me, and you aren’t allowed to laugh at any embarrassing pictures.” “Alright” he said looking into my eyes. Then I opened the door. He noticed the pink walls, with flowers in the corner of every wall, and how I had some different color stripes on the walls too. Then he saw my corner with my computer desk, and my book case. Then his eyes wandered to the ballet bar, mirror, and the small dresser and table dedicated to everything dance. He saw all the open windows, and felt the cool summer breeze blowing in. He saw the hallway where my closet and bathroom were, and the French doors leading to the veranda. He saw the large bed, with beige and pink blankets on it. Then he saw the thing that most attracted his gaze and walked over to it. “Wow” he said. He was looking at my shrine of hockey memorabilia. “This place is amazing” he said turning around to look at me, “Every place in here shows your personality in a different way. I love it.” I walked over to the French doors, and stepped out onto the veranda, and he followed. I leaned against the railing and looked out into the view of the city. Then I felt his arm around my shoulder. “Out here” he started saying, “Everything is so peaceful and beautiful. It really makes you forget about the worries of your life.” “I know” I said getting closer to him. I looked him in his eyes, and then the doorbell rang.
“Yes” I said running out of my room and down the stairs. I shoved 20 dollars into the delivery boys hand and then raced into the kitchen. “That looks like its really fattening” Sidney said walking into the kitchen. “Who cares” I said cutting a piece off and walking over to him. “Eat it” I said holding the piece up to his face. “Kay I don’t” he said trying to stop me, “Eat it!” I yelled at him, and of course he gave in and took a bite. “That is amazing” he said taking the piece out of my hand. We stood in the kitchen for 5 minutes eating piece after piece of pizza. By now it was 9:30 and I knew I had to make a move soon. “Um, do you want to watch a movie tonight Sid?” I asked, hoping he would say yes. “That sounds good” he said. “Yes” I thought. “Well if you want to go clean up and stuff” he said putting his pizza down “I’ll be up in my room.” “Alright” I said. Then when he was out of sight, I ran up stairs and into my bedroom.
This time I wore navy blue shorts and a grey tank top. I took off my jewelry and put my hair into a teased ponytail. Then I put some lotion on my legs so they would have a healthy glow to them. After I brushed my teeth and rinsed with mouthwash (I wanted to smell good), I put on some clean citrus smelling perfume and some pink natural lip gloss. I grabbed a white blanket out of my closet, took one last look in the mirror, and then ran down the stairs.
This time I knocked on his door. He must have been walking by, because after three knocks it was open. He was standing there in a white t-shirt and black mesh shorts, holding a bottle of water. “Come in” he said with a cheesy grin. I walked into the entryway and up the stairs to his room. “I’ll be right there” he called up to me, “Okay” I yelled back walking into his room. It was very clean; he had piles of folded laundry in the corner of the room, and a few notebooks and a laptop in proper place on his desk. I opened up the notebook that was entitled “Plays”. I could barely read his chicken scratch handwriting. I turned to the last page that he had been writing on, and in the corner I noticed my name with a heart around it. I started to smile when I heard him come into the room. “What are you looking at?” he asked casually. “Oh just some of the plays that are in here for practice” I said closing the book and putting it down. “Well there really aren’t any good movies I could find” he said sitting on the bed, “So we’ll just have to watch TV.” “Fine with me” I said sitting down next to him. I took the remote out of his hand and turned on the first chick flick I could find. “Sorry Kay, but no way am I watching a chick flick”. “You made me watch a movie that I’ve seen 100 times the other night, so now it’s your turn to suffer” I said laughing at him. “Fine, but this is just because I like you” he said.
It was 10:00 and the movie had ended. We decided to shut the TV off. We sat there in silence for a while. “I’m cold” I said to him while pulling my blanket onto me. Then without hesitation he came closer to me and put his arm around me. Then he pulled another blanket onto him. “Better?” he asked with a smile. “Yes, much” I said to him snuggling closer. “Kay, I wanted to ask you something” he said, “Okay” I said looking up towards him. “Well, do you have feelings for me that are more than just friends?” he said, acting a bit nervous. “Yes I do” I said back, “But the thing is, I don’t know why but I have a really hard time letting people into my life. And sometimes I try and run away from those good feelings I get because I’m afraid to get hurt. When I came in here the other night, I wanted to tell you I liked you, but I just couldn’t bring myself to say it.” “I understand” he said pulling me a little closer. “I just want you to know, that I really like you Kay” he said softly, “And anytime you feel like you are ready to take the next step, I’ll be here waiting. Then I looked up at him, and kissed him on the lips. It was that point where I realized this was the real thing, and that Sidney was a person I could trust with anything, and that our relationship had just started.

No comments: