Monday, May 26, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch16

Chapter 16:
I closed the door and turned around. With a sigh I hopped into the shower. After I was done blow-drying and straightening my hair, I put on a pair of Victoria’s Secret Pink sweatpants, with a matching sweatshirt and my tall chestnut colored Uggs. I finished packing up my Louis Vuttion carryon bag and looked at the clock. “10:28, Wow where did all the time go?” I thought while putting on my Burberry jacket and scarf. Walking towards the door, I took a deep breath, enjoying the mixed smell of hairspray, shampoo, dance bags and IcyHot lotion. The few months here was some of the best of my life. “It’s time to move on, and hey, maybe I’ll be back here in a few months” I said closing the door and dropping the key off at the Administrative desk in the front foyer.
My car was there waiting when I rounded the corner, my bags had been taken by the housing staff, so I checked with the driver to make sure everything was packed. Our drive to the airport seemed very short. I got out of the car into the crisp winter air, and within twenty minutes I was sitting in the terminal waiting. As we boarded my excitement grew and grew. I took my seat in first class [as always] and began to relax. I watched Sweet Home Alabama on my iPod, and in what seemed like no time at all, the pilot announced we would be landing in about 10 minutes and that we should be prepared because there was a fresh blanket of snow.
Kevin greeted me when I walked down the hallway of the airport. “Hello Miss Kay!” he said giving me a quick squeeze, “The bags are in the car, your family is very excited to see you. Let’s hurry now; we don’t want to get caught in more snow!”. We walked out into the cold air, and quickly got into the car. Our drive took about forty five minutes.
When we reached the house, my excitement was almost to the point where I could pop. I walked into the foyer of my house and was hit by hugs from all of my family. Everyone except Sidney was there. “Welcome home!” everyone cheered. “Kay, we waited to have lunch, so come on, let’s eat!” my mother said, directing me in towards the dining room. I told everyone about my new friends, and about the new dances I learned. Then I passed around my camera to show everyone the pictures and videos that I took while I was there. After about an hour and a half of laughing and telling stories, I started to get very tired.
“Mom, did the yard workers put the windows and heater in the gazebo yet?” I asked my mother. The gazebo has the option of adding on insulated glass windows around the top and a type of wood around the bottom with a heater so that a person can sit in it during the winter without freezing to death. “Yes they did, about two weeks ago” she said taking a swig of water. “Well I think I’m going to grab a book and sit out there with some hot chocolate for a while” I said getting up.
As I walked up the stairs I could only wonder where Sidney was. He was probably at a practice of something to do with the press I thought. I went into my room and looked around. It had been well cleaned, and my sheets were changed from the Egyptian cotton to a flannel with a cute blue lace trim. I went down my hallway into a small closet that held everything I had for the winter. I opened a cabinet at the top of the closet and pulled out an old plaid flannel and fleece blanket. Then I went over to my book case and picked out a cheap romance novel. Then I went into the kitchen and picked up the over sized mug full to the brim with hot chocolate. I trotted along the path to the gazebo and opened the sliding door that was installed in the back. I turned on the overhead light, and then I snuggled into the bench [which now had red cushions on it with a matching throw pillow] and put my hot chocolate on the table.
Looking out into the view of the city amazed me. I couldn’t concentrate on my book, so I set it down and just looked out the glass windows. I must have drifted off to sleep because the next thing I knew I opened my eyes to see Sidney sitting on the end of the bench staring out the window. “Sidney” I squealed, waking up extremely fast. “Well hello stranger” he said. I couldn’t help myself; I jumped onto his lap and gave him a long, passionate kiss.
“I missed you too” he said when we finally broke apart. I sat there on his lap for a long time, during which we talked about everything that had happened in the past weeks while I had been gone. “I missed you so much Kay” he said, and kissed my temple. “I miss you too.” Then I looked at his watch, “It’s almost 7:00. We should go inside” I said standing up. Then he stood up, took my hand and led me back to the house.

No comments: