Sunday, June 1, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch21

Chapter 21:
When I got home, Amanda greeted me with a salad. “I figured you would be hungry” she said with a smile. I sat down at the table and told her what I did at the arena. Then I told her how Sidney asked me on a date. “I thought that’s what he was talking to your uncle about the other day. I overheard him asking for permission to take you out” she said. “Really? Wow, I didn’t think he would do that” I said finishing my salad and heading upstairs. I took a quick nap and woke up around 5:00. I took a shower and straightened my hair. Then I walked to my closet and picked out a long sleeved turtle neck dress that was tight around the neck, but then flowed down over my bust. It showed my curves, but not too much. Then I put on black tights and found matching grey pumps with a black buckle on the toe. I put on some jewelry and did my makeup. I did it a little more heavily than I would for going out to dinner, but tonight was a special occasion. Then I checked the clock, 6:53. “Alright what else do I need?” I asked myself looking in the mirror at my reflection. “Purse” I said. I took out a small black clutch and put my cell phone, lip gloss, mascara, and some other things into it. Then I grabbed my perfume and spritzed it on. Then I picked out a black long sleeve blazer and put it on. With one Last look in the mirror, I made my way downstairs.
He was standing in the foyer talking to Amanda when he looked up and saw me. He immediately stopped talking, and just stood there with his big smile. He was wearing black dress pants, a baby blue shirt and a black jacket. “Wow he looks good” I thought to myself, being careful to not fall down the stairs. He took my hand when I got to the bottom of the stairs and Amanda told us to behave. Our curfew had been set by my uncle, 11:00. “Have a good night Amanda” he said and pulled me out to the car.
“You look beautiful tonight” he whispered into my ear before he kissed my cheek, as he opened the door and motioned for me to get in. “You look pretty good yourself” I said. “Where are we going?” I asked. “607 Black Place, of course it is your favorite.” “True” I said. I could feel my cheeks getting hot as he restated that tonight was all about me. “So what do you want for Christmas?” I asked him. “Well, I don’t really know, I’m sure you can pick out something nice” he said looking out the window. I noticed how he didn’t ask me what I wanted, but I figured he already had a plan. I reached over and put my hand on his knee. He turned his head to look at me and I smiled. “Thank you for taking me out” I said, and then he leaned over and gave me a soft kiss. I could feel him smile as I pulled him in closer, but then he pulled away. “If you keep that up, we won’t be leaving this car” he said with a smirk. Just then we pulled up to the restaurant, he opened the door for me and led me inside.
We were seated in a booth in the back, just enough privacy away from everyone else. We had a really good meal, and we talked about almost everything…except hockey. I had known him for a while now, but it was great to see that side of him come out again. He was stress free for a while and it was nice to see. After we were finished with our meal, which was delicious by the way, the waitress came over and asked him if we wanted to order dessert. “No thank you” he said, “Check please”. “Hey, I wanted dessert!” I said. “Don’t worry” he said with a grin. I looked at him confused, but he said not to worry, so I didn’t. The waitress came over and he paid, telling me that it was a about me so we didn’t need to split it. “Let’s go” he said standing up. “Um Sidney, the car isn’t here” I said when we walked out of the restaurant. He just laughed and took my hand. “I know” he said, “Come on.” He took my hand and we started walking down the street.
He turned the corner and entered a park. We walked down the sidewalk a little ways and then I saw it; A park bench, with lights around it, with a blanket, some candles and a picnic basket. Kevin was standing by it, and when he saw Sidney, he nodded and walked back down the sidewalk, I’m guessing to the car. Sid looked down at me and smiled. “Dessert?” he asked me. I was speechless. I wondered how long it took him to plan this. He pulled me in closer and we walked up to the bench.
He took the blanket and covered up our legs, and then he bent over and opened up the picnic basket. He took out a piece of chocolate fudge cake with a strawberry and powdered sugar on top. He picked up the strawberry and held it to my mouth. I giggled and took a bite out of it. After taking a bite of cake, he took out a thermos with hot chocolate in it. He poured each of us a small cup and put it back into the basket. “Here’s to us” he said hitting my cup with his. “Forever” he said looking into my eyes. We finished eating and drinking, and then he looked at his watch and said we had to go back home. “But this night is not over yet” he said with a devilish look. When we got in the car, I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you” I said. And he just put his arm around me. I wonder what else he has planned.

No comments: