Friday, June 6, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch27

Chapter 27:
I felt him wince when Gram had spoken. I pulled away and looked at him. “Uh, um, Gram this is…” “I’m Sidney Crosby” he said, calmly. “You mean, hockey all-star Sidney Crosby?” she asked, not believe him. It was cute how she forgot things most of the time. “Yes” he said. “Well, welcome to the family” she said taking a hug from him. “I’m Kay’s grandmother, but you can call me Lorraine” she said. “Now let’s get some chow” she said turning on her heel and walking out towards the kitchen.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Gram definitely did not like the last boy she caught me kissing. Thank god she approved of Sidney. I started to walk and follow her into the kitchen, when I felt Sidney’s hand on my lower back. I smiled up at him as he put his arm around me, then he kissed me on the forehead. I leaned my head on his shoulder for a brief moment, and then we continued walking. We were getting to the point, where we could say nothing to each other, but know exactly what we were thinking. I was thinking that I really wanted a replay of the other night after the game. I knew he had something planned, but I had a whole game of my own.
*****
After eating a late lunch with my family, it was time to get ready for the party. I went up to my bathroom, and turned on the radio. I got into the shower, and sang the whole time. I got out and blow-dried and straightened my hair. Then I went into my room to get my bra and underwear. I walked over to my dresser, and on top of my thong was a blue box. I opened it and read the note:
For you. Surprise #1
P.S. stick to dancing, singing is not your thing.
-Sidney
“He heard me sing? Shit. That is definitely embarrassing” I said, and I opened the box. There was a white gold heart pendant lying inside. I picked it up and looked closer; there were diamonds around the edge of the heart. I turned it over and there was writing on it. It said: You stole mine -87. “This is beautiful” I said while putting it on and looking in the mirror. I finished putting my makeup on, and then I put on my dress. I found diamond studs in my jewelry box, and put them on to match the necklace. I put my shoes on, and grabbed a black poncho style jacket. I took my cell, lip-gloss, mascara, Visa card, and some perfume and put them in a silver clutch. Then I headed downstairs.
My mother was waiting for me, and told me that there were 3 cars bringing us. “Sidney has reserved for you um, own car” she said, eyes narrowing. I suddenly got butterflies in my stomach. “Look what he bought me mom” I said showing her the pendant. “Gorgeous darling, but we must get going. Now go get to the car” she said. “Alright mom, and by the way, this dress is beautiful. So are the shoes. I love them so much. Thank you” I clicked my heels, turned around, and made my way to the car.
I got to the car and opened the door. Sidney was sitting there staring into space, but once he saw me his eyes lit up. “You are beautiful” he said as I slid in next to him. “You are amazing. This necklace is… I don’t even know how to thank you” I said looking down. “You could thank me by not singing” he said with a smirk. I hit him on the arm, and then he pulled me in for a kiss. I could feel him smiling against my lips. His bubble gum pink pieces of heaven were smiling at me. “I know I’m Mario’s niece” I thought to myself, “But I am damn lucky that I have this boy.” “This is for you” he said, taking out a glass of what looked like champagne.
“Sid, I’m only um, 17. And I’m only allowed to have one drink tonight” I said looking at the glasses he was holding. “Now Kay, do you really think I am that irresponsible?” he said, “This is sparkling grape juice, and you can have as much as you want… well in a reasonable amount.” I smiled at him, looking into his chocolate eyes I could tell he meant well. “Why thank you kind sir” I said taking the glass, he mimicked me by saying “You are welcome fair lady.” A few minutes later I asked him what we were doing after the party. “Well, we are coming back here. I know it sounds boring, but you’ll like it” he said. I didn’t doubt him.
We arrived at the party about 20 minutes later. I stepped out of the car into the cold night, and shivered. “Let’s go” he said taking my hand. “Wait” I said, and stopped walking. “What?” he said. “I just wanted you to know, that I’m really grateful for all that you’ve given me so far, but I wanted to tell you that my gift to you isn’t, like, really expensive” I said looking at the asphalt beneath my feet. “Kay, you don’t need to feel obligated to buy me something expensive. I only buy you things because they have a certain meaning, and I know you will like them” he began. “See like this necklace” he said running his hand down the chain to the point of the heart, which was practically down my cleavage, “This shows that you have my heart. And if it just happens to be white gold and diamond, let it be” he smiled and I shivered from his hands making me want him right at that instant.
“Let’s go have a little fun” he said. “Then we can have even more fun after” he winked and smiled his goofy smile, and then we walked into the banquet hall.

1 comment:

mare said...

that was good. cant wait til the next one kay

Mare