Thursday, June 5, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch25

Chapter 25:
I put on a pair of capri leggings, with shorts over them and one of the ‘87’ t-shirts Sidney had given me. I grabbed a pair of ballet shoes and went to our basement. I walked through the playroom and across the hall and went into my room. My mom had a room reserved for me. There was a spring floor, and mirrors all around. This space was just for me to practice dancing. After stretching, I put on the song Here Comes the Sun, and started the combination. I was spinning and stretching all over the place. The next track was Sophisticated Lady by Mya, and I started that combination. I was in the middle of a turn sequence when I heard whistling. I turned around to see Sidney standing there with a big smile on his face.
“I could hear the music from upstairs” he said laughing. “Really?” I asked, “No, Amanda told me you went down here.” I sat down on the ground out of breath, and he started coming closer to me. I held out my hand; “No street shoes on this floor”, he took his shoes off and sat down next to me. He told me about brunch and how his parents hounded him with all these questions about me. “I finally had to ask my mom about her gardening plans for this summer just to get her to shut up” he said. I laughed really hard at that and when I finally controlled myself I looked back at him. He had a look of worry on his face.
“They want to have dinner with us tonight. Us, as in the whole family” he said, looking at the floor. I immediately felt bad, “Oh Sid, don’t worry. I can handle it, everything will be fine. I’m sure they will love me, everyone does” I said jokingly. “Anyways, I do get you all to myself tomorrow” I said with a devilish grin. “Very true” he said and leaned over and kissed me on the lips. He moved his knee and accidentally hit me in the side, right where I am most ticklish. I broke away from him and started laughing. When he realized that I was ticklish there, it was no mercy.
After a few minutes, he let me go. I got up off the floor and took his hand. “Come on, it’s time for a nap.” We walked up to my room and I pulled the shades to block out the afternoon sun, it was around 3:30, so the light was directly in my room. I hopped into bed next to Sidney, and laid my head on his chest. His steady heartbeat lulled me to sleep quickly.
********
We woke up around 5:00 and I told him he had to go get ready for the night. He argued with me when I said I had to take a shower. “Come on, let me come with you” he said taking steps towards me. “Sidney, no” I said. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted him, but not now. “I just have to wash up quick and get myself to look respectable. I don’t want to make a bad impression. This is very important, I don’t want your parents to think of me as some strawberry blonde bimbo” I said, starting to decide what I should wear. “You know what Kay?” he said backing up, “You need to relax, it’s just my parents” he said, turned around and slammed the door. I sat there on my bed for a few seconds, wondering what just happened. “I think this is our first argument” I said to myself. I shook my head and got up to take a shower.
************
When I heard the car door slam, and the door open I made my way downstairs. I was wearing black skinny leg pants, with a long sleeved white prairie style flowing shirt tucked in. I had on white Marc Jacobs heels, and my hair was slightly wavy. I walked down the stairs, adjusting my gold tiffany necklace and preparing myself for Sidney’s anger and the questions that I would be asked.
Sidney was walking by the staircase and looked up at me. When my gaze caught his, he turned his head away. He stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. I got to the bottom and I stood looking up at him for a moment, he was looking into the living room, I could see that he was tense. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek; his jaw was clenched, but then softened to my touch. He looked down at me, and in a voice that was barely audible, I said “I’m sorry.” He nodded and grumbled an “I understand” then I stood on my toes and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. When I turned around to start walking towards the kitchen, I felt his hand on my lower back. It was a sign that everything would go well.
When we sat down to dinner, I took a seat next to Sidney across from his mother. I tried to eat as ladylike as I could. Sidney noticed this when I actually put my napkin on my lap. He shot me a grin and I just smiled back. “So how long have you been staying here?” Mrs. Crosby asked. “I’ve been here since I was in elementary school” I said. “How long are you planning to stay?” she asked, her gaze becoming narrow. “Well, at this point, I am not sure” I said. I hadn’t really gotten around to saying anything about the scholarship with the conservatory just yet. “Ah” she said. She asked me how familiar I was with hockey, and we talked about that. Then she questioned my schooling, and then my social status. “Well, I have a few close friends, many acquaintances.” “So not many people know about you and Sid?” Mr. Crosby asked. “Actually, no” I said. “Good” he answered quickly, and I could feel Sidney jump at that remark.
I put my hand on his knee to reassure him that I was alright. Dinner was finished, and we went into the living room and continued to talk. I am very glad that my mother and father get along with these people. Around 9:00, Sidney told his parents that it was time for them to catch their flight. I hugged both Mr. and Mrs. Crosby and told them to have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Sidney informed me that he could be taking the ride to the airport with his parents. “I’ll see you later” he whispered into my ear before he walked out the door.
I went up to my room, changed into some pajamas and turned on the TV. I thought about the night, it had gone well. But I was super excited for tomorrow night, the team Christmas party, and most of all my surprise from Sidney. I watched a movie for about an hour, and then my door opened. I looked over to see Sidney in pajamas looking at me with kind eyes. He walked over to the bed and sat down.

No comments: