Sunday, June 1, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch23

Chapter23:
I woke up a little before 6:30, it was Tuesday; game day. Sidney had to be out of the house by 8:00 for morning skate. He was still sleeping when I looked up at him. I put my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. It was steady, and relaxing. I outlined his abs with the pad of my thumb. Everywhere I touched, I hit solid muscle. To mostly everyone, he was Sidney Crosby: The Superstar NHLer, but to me he was Sidney Crosby: Loving Teddy Bear. After I was done admiring my view I looked up at him again. I sat up and whispered in his ear. “Sidney, it’s time to get up.” “Nope” he said, and turned his head away from me. I shook him a little bit and his eyes opened again. “Come on sleepy head” I said, kissing him on the cheek.
I got up and turned the TV on, and then I went to the bathroom. When I came back Sidney was still laying there under the sheets, sleeping. “Plan B” I said to myself. I picked up a grey ‘87’ sweatshirt and put it on, and walked over to the bed. I put one knee on his right side, and swung the other one around the left and sat on his thighs. I put my hands on his shoulders and started to shake him again. “Get up, get up, get up, get up” I said, laughing at myself. When he opened his eyes, I saw an angry expression on his face. “I’m uh, sorry?” I said sliding off him. “Oh yeah, you’re going to be sorry” he said, now smiling. He sat up and grabbed my waist and started to tickle me, until it was to the point where I could hardly breathe. He finally stopped and then kissed me hard. “I’ll be back here for my nap around 2:00, but I probably won’t see you. So I’ll see you at the game tonight” he said. “Ok” I said back, then I sat up. He kissed me once more, and left the room.

*****************
They won the game again. Everyone was happy and talkative in the dressing rooms. I stood to the side and just watch Sidney do his little media conferences. I could tell he was tired; of course he had a long day. When he was done with the last reporter, he looked over at me, then the showers, then back at me and smiled. I laughed a little and shook my head ’no’. He frowned a bit, but then smiled again. He mouthed ‘20’ minutes to me, and disappeared somewhere. The locker room quickly emptied, everyone was catching planes home. There was only 2 days left until Christmas, and the boys didn’t have a game until the 28th.
My uncle was the last one to leave besides Sidney. “I’ll see you at home Kay” he said, sounding very tired, and he left the room. I was all alone for another 2 minutes, and then I heard Sidney talking to some people, and then he came around the corner with a man and a woman.
“Mom, Dad, this is Kay. She is Mario’s niece and my really good friend” he said. “Kay, these are my parents.”


*****Sorry for the short chapter.. enjoy!

No comments: