Sunday, June 1, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch22

Chapter 22:
When we got back home [a little after 11] Kevin immediately went off to his quarters for the night. I stood there for a few moments looking at Sidney. He was looking around, and I could tell he was making sure it was all quiet around us. He looked down at me, and pulled me in for a soft kiss. It lasted for about 5 minutes, and then he broke apart. He cupped my face in his hands and said “If we keep doing that then I’m never going to be able to show you the last surprise of the night.” I followed him down the hallway to his living room and he told me sit. He disappeared down the hallway and came back with a big box wrapped in gold paper. “Open it” he said, and put it on my lap, then went and sat down on the couch across from me.
I opened the box to see clothes in it. I took out the first shirt and looked at it. “Sidney this is so cute!” I said. It was a casual grey shirt with a faded white number 87 on the side. “But what is it for?” I asked. “Well you know I’ve been busy lately with endorsements and stuff” he began, “And I’m working with Reebok on a new clothing line. And these are the women’s prototypes. I designed them for you” he said looking down, like he was embarrassed to say it. “Are you kidding me?” I whisper-screamed. “No” he said with a big smile. “Oh my god, you are the best.” I put the box down and ran over to him. He outstretched his arms for me, and I cuddled into his lap. We sat like that for a while, in silence. He was stroking my hair softly, and then he stopped. I looked up at him and saw that he was fast asleep. I picked up a blanket off the ottoman and covered him with it. I softly kissed his lips, and wished him sweet dreams. I picked up my box, and went to my room. I changed into one of the new shirts and a pair of sweatpants, and went to bed.
I woke up around nine, and decided that today was the day for Christmas shopping. My mom and I got into the car around 10:00 and headed off to the mall. We bought my dad a new set of diamond cufflinks and a matching shirt and tie. We got my aunt a red satin dress that would complement her body type and a David Yurman bracelet. We got Uncle Mario a white gold watch with ‘66’ engraved on the back. We got each of my cousin’s two new Gap outfits. We picked out some huge toy that my brother wanted, also three other things from the Discovery Store and Brookstone. We picked out a new pair of driving gloves and a new blazer for Kevin. We ordered a whole bunch of new kitchen appliances for Amanda and Nancy. While we were at Coach [where the gloves were from] I picked my mom out a matching purse, wallet, and scarf.
‘What are you going to get Sidney?” my mom asked me as we sat down to have lunch at a small bistro a few blocks away from the mall. “I have no idea. Well I have been thinking about some things… but last night he gave me something really amazing.” I said. “What?” she asked. “Well after we ate dinner, he took me to the park and we ate dessert by candlelight, then when he came back he gave me all these clothes from his line and said he designed them for me. And you know mom, that is kind of hard to top” I said, the memory of seeing him smile at my reaction to his surprises. “That isn’t even my present yet” I said looking at my mother. She told me I needed to be clever with whatever it was. We finished our lunch, and I decided I was going to think about the perfect present for Sid tomorrow, and I told her I wanted to go back home.
Besides the wrapping of presents, nothing too interesting happened during the night. I didn’t get a chance to see Sidney because he had to shoot a Gatorade commercial or something. I ate dinner with my family and then went upstairs to go to bed. Around 3:00 a.m., I was awakened by the sound of my door closing. I rolled over to see Sidney standing above me, wearing just his sweatpants. I was too tired to say anything, so I just moved over offering him space to get into bed next to me. He gently picked me up a little, so I could use his chest as the pillow. He pulled the covers over him, and I snuggled into his warm body. He kissed my forehead and I quickly fell back to sleep.

No comments: