Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch7

Chapter 7:

It was around 11:30 when I got back into the house. “Hungry Miss Kay?” Amanda asked, as I dragged myself through the kitchen. “Yes Amanda” I said, “But I can make something myself, you can go relax for a while, I know you’ve been busy”. “Why thank you Miss Kay” she said with a warm smile, and disappeared down the hall. I sat in the empty kitchen, and turn on the small flat screen TV on the opposite wall in the living room. I put on ABC Family and listened to The Princess Diaries movie while I made myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich on toasted wheat bread.
After I was done eating and cleaning up my mess of crumbs, I walked down the hallway to Kevin’s corridor and knocked on his door. “Kevin will you please take me to the gym in 30 minutes?” I asked sweetly. “Of course I will” he responded.
I walked up the stairs to my room and opened the big French doors. “What a beautiful day” I said to myself as a look around outside. Then I saw him, swimming in the pool like a little kid. Seeing that I decided to go tell Kevin I changed my mind and was going to be by the pool the rest of the day. “Whatever you wish Miss Kay” Kevin said, seeming relieved to have most of the day off.
I ran back up to my room, eager to see if Sidney was still swimming. And he was. “Perfect” I squealed and went to the closet to pick out a bathing suit. “Ah-hah!” I said as I found my pink and white triangle bikini in the bottom of my summer drawer. I then picked out a white cotton mini skirt to wear over my bottoms and took out a matching pink and white striped towel. I grabbed my black Chanel sunglasses and headed outside. On my way out, Amanda stopped me and handed me a bottle of sun block. “Be careful Miss Kay” she warned and I skipped out of the house.
“Oh, hey Sid” I said calmly as if I didn’t know he was there. “Hello Kay” he said looking me up and down. “Now if you excuse me, I don’t particularly wish to swim today, so if you could keep the water in the pool that would be wonderful” I said laying my towel down on the chair near the small table. “Whatever you want Kay” he said and began doing laps. I took off my skirt while he was under water, so I wouldn’t attract as much attention, and I sat down and started putting my sun block on.
I sat on the chair, pretending to be tanning, but I was really watching him. His muscular arms propelling himself in and out of the water like a knife, and his abs tightening with every movement. “Wow” I thought, “He is gorgeous.” I turned onto my stomach after about 15 minutes and when I was almost completely relaxed, I felt the cool dripping of pool water on my lower back. “Ugh Sid!” I yelled turning over, watching him laugh hysterically. “That wasn’t funny!” I said starting to laugh with him. “Sorry Kay, I had to” he said apologetically, but still laughing. I threw my sunglasses on the chair and stood up. “You’re going to get it” I said chasing after him right into the pool.
I jumped in right after him, “That was mean,” I said while brushing my hair out of my face as I came out of the water. “You were asking for it” he said, still laughing. All I could do was smile. “You are something else Sidney Crosby” I said. Then I splashed some water at him, and swam to the ladder. Looking back at him, I stuck my tongue out and walked up the steps. I picked up my towel and threw it over my shoulders, and then I lay down on my chair and tried to warm up for a few minutes.
I must have fallen asleep, because Sid was gone and the sun wasn’t as hot. I gathered my things, and walked back into the house. “Miss Kay, would you like something to eat?” Amanda asked me like she always did when I entered the house. “Yes please Amanda, a small assorted fruit tray with some chocolate mint cookies sounds good right about now” I said walking up the stairs.
Ten minutes later, Amanda was in my room with the tray. “Miss Kay, please be careful with Mr. Crosby, I don’t like seeing you get all hurt inside when your heart breaks. Make the right choices” she said as she picked up my wet towel off the hamper and walked out of my room.
Silence. I changed out of my bathing suit into a tight red tank top and some black sweat shorts. Then I went to my desk, ate my fruit and watched some TV. A few minutes after I had settled in, my mother called me from her room. “Kay, we’re home. Please come here for a moment”. I walked down to the second floor and entered my mother’s room. “Hello sweetie how was your day?” she asked. “It was nice” I said, “I showed Sidney around the back yard, did some tanning, went swimming and practiced my ballet”. “Good a nice relaxing day for you. How was Sidney today, is he getting used to it around here?” she asked. “Yes actually, he is very polite and funny too.” “That’s good, I’m glad you two get along, if you don’t mind your father and I are going to take Stephen, Alexa, Jack, and Samantha to New York with us this Saturday and drop them off at Grandmas and Papa’s house. Your uncle said that he will be going to the arena a lot this weekend and he would like you to go with him.” “Yes, finally the arena. I don’t mind at all” I said to my mother, “Next time you go to New York, we can go shopping” I said as I walked out the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please post the next chapter?

penslove_87 said...

sorry i didn't update in so long.
i've been very busy..
but i'll keep writing & posting from now on!!

-K