Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letting Love In- Ch2

Chapter 2:

“Happy Birthday!” was chanted all at once as I entered the room as the waitress came and took my coat. “Thank you everyone” I said with a sweet smile. Next I knew, I was buried in hugs from my family. “Please be seated everyone, dinner will be served” said the master waiter. With that said, everyone was sitting and I took the only open seat, next to my uncle Mario and his new teammate. “Kay, I would like you to meet my new teammate and star center, Sidney Crosby” said Uncle Mario. “Hello” I said to Sidney looking at him for the first time, realizing he was extremely handsome, and I couldn’t help but to smile. “Hello Kay” he said looking right into my eyes. I blushed and had to look away.
Halfway through dinner, Uncle Mario commented on my necklace saying how beautiful it looked on me, and everyone agreed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sidney looking at me, but when I turned to him, he quickly looked away, like he was embarrassed to be caught. “So you are the new star center of the Pittsburgh Penguins huh?” I said with a calm smile. “Star center, I don’t think so. Center, yes“, he replied looking at me with a smile. “Do you follow the sport much?” he said. “Yes actually I do, most of the time I’m at the arena with my uncle. If I’m not there, I’m either alone in my room, or outside in the sun” I said before taking a sip of my water. “Good” he said, “You can fill me in on some of the other teams’ tricks” he said with a sincere tone. After I looked at him, I could not help but smile.
I like being alone more than being in a busy place, so after we ate our dessert, I told my uncle that I wanted to go back to the house because I had a busy day and I needed to relax. “Sure thing birthday girl” he said to me. “But if you don’t mind, would you please take Sidney with you and show him around the house and where he will be staying?” he asked casually. “Well, for you, of course” I said giving him a peck on the cheek. “Kay we will see you back at home around 12, we are dropping the kids off at their friends’ house, and then going out with the scout manager from the team” my father said to me. “OK dad, but I’ll probably be sleeping when you get back” I replied. With that Sidney and I walked out of the restaurant, greeted Kevin at the car, and were off to home.
I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let him see that I was secretly going to enjoy every minute of showing him around the property.

No comments: