Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch5

Chapter 5:

I knocked on his door twice, and waited a few seconds. When he didn’t answer I let myself in. “Sid?” I yelled to the empty entryway. “Up here” I heard him yell. I tiptoed up the stairs to find him sitting on his bed, folding his dirty laundry. “Look, I brought popcorn” I said with a flirty smile, as I put the bowl down next to him. “Thanks” he said, looking up at me with a laugh. “I brought you a blanket too, just in case there wasn’t enough here” I said, putting it down next to him. “Thanks again, you didn’t have to”. “That’s alright; if I didn’t bring it I would have felt bad”.
“What movie do you want to watch?” I asked him propping up a pillow on one side of the bed. “Hmm, how about we watch Miracle?” “I love that movie” I said sitting down. “Good” he looked back at me, “You didn’t have a choice anyway”. I started to smile as I threw a piece of popcorn at him. “So how do you like you’re wing?” I asked. “It’s nice” he said “beautiful actually, thanks for showing me around”. “Anytime” I said as the movie started. With that, he walked over to the light switch, looked at me and then turned out the light and sat down on his side of the bed.
To be honest, I wasn’t really watching the movie. I’ve seen it so many times that I knew what was going to happen. I was thinking about how to get closer to Sid without making a dramatic effort out of it. The next time he reached into the popcorn bowl, I did too (making it look like I was paying attention to the movie) and I briefly touched his hand. Then he looked at me and said “I know what you’re trying to do”, embarrassed I said “What?” Then he looked me square in the eye and said “I don’t mind it either”. So I moved the popcorn bowl onto the desk by the wall, and sat back down right next to him. He acted so naturally, and pulled me closer. Then he put his arm around me, and I put his head on his muscular chest. “That’s better” he said with a smile. And after 20 minutes, we fell asleep.
It was 6:30 when I woke up. For one second, I had a panic attack wondering where I was and how I got there. Then I remembered and said aloud “Sid”. I looked up at him, he was still sleeping. He looked to peaceful to wake, but I had to do it.
“Sid” I whispered in his ear “wake up”. “Five more minutes” he said, probably not remembering where he was either. “Sid its Kay, we fell asleep, its 6:30, wake up”. “Oh my gosh Kay” he said sitting up quickly, “You have to leave, now!” He quickly stood up “I can’t be caught with you in here, not on the first night anyway, your uncle will kill me!” “Calm down” I said softly reaching up to him. “I can walk quietly down the halls” I said with a smirk. “Please Kay, I really like you, I don’t want to get in trouble” he said as I stood up. “I understand” I replied “Walk me to the door?” I asked him in a hopeful tone. “Of course” he said with a smile. Walking down the stairs I could feel his eyes on me. I stepped to the door and waited for him to follow. I turned towards him and his arms were reaching towards me. I let him take me in his arms. “Thank you Kay, for an amazing night” he whispered in my ear. “You are welcome” I said to him hugging a little tighter and secretly smiling. “I will see you later, your uncle said something about breakfast by the pool, but you cannot let anyone know about this right yet” he said now looking me in the eyes. “I won’t tell, I promise” I said looking down at the floor. Seeing me becoming sad to leave, he picked my chin up and kissed me on the cheek. “Happy Birthday” he whispered to me and I ran silently down the hallway.

No comments: