Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letting Love In- Ch1

Chapter 1:

I was all alone on my 17th birthday. My uncle Mario was busy with the media and being introduced to new teammates and my aunt and mother took my cousins and brother out for the day. After reading a few chapters in my current book, I decided to take a quick shopping trip, and then go to the gym. “Kevin” I called from upstairs, “Yes Miss Kay?” he replied, “I want to leave to go shopping on 8th Street, then go to the gym in 15 minutes”.”Alright Miss, I’ll get the car ready”. Kevin is my driver, and stays at the guest wing in our house. I threw on a pale pink tunic along with white capris, and a pair of white and pink flip flops, then packed some shorts and a tank top in my gym bag and headed downstairs. Then I took out a raspberry yogurt, sat on the couch and watched the afternoon news. “The weather will be very nice today, with the high of around 75 and the low of 63” said the perky weatherman. “Perfect shopping weather” I said to myself. Then Amanda, maid and kitchen help, took away my empty container, and I walked out the door to the car.

That day I bought 3 dresses, a few cute shirts for the summer, 4 bathing suits, and 2 cute pairs of shoes. The shopping lasted for about 4 hours, which got me to the gym exactly at 3:30. I did my normal workout, which takes about 2 hours, and then I headed back to the car. A half an hour later, I showed up at the empty property, left my bags on the floor and went to grab a quick smoothie. On the fridge, there was a note from my mother. It read:

“Happy 17th Birthday Kay! We made a reservation your favorite restaurant, 607 Black Place, for 7:30. Kevin was told to leave the house with you promptly at 6:50. Please dress accordingly. Oh, and uncle Mario has told me he is bringing one of his new teammates that will be boarding with them at his house, hope you don’t mind! Love you, Mom.”

“Great” I said to myself running up the stairs, only 45 minutes to get ready. I started the shower and put the towel on the warmer. Then I opened the shower door and started to wash my hair. I quickly finished my shower and walked into my open closet. I decided on a black satin mini-dress, with a pink bow cinched at the waist. I then took out the pair of black peep toe heels I had bought earlier, and laid them on the bed. I blow-dried my hair, and then twisted in some loose curls. “Miss Kay, we must leave for dinner” Kevin yelled from outside the door. “Alright I’m almost ready” I replied back while putting my heels on. Picking up a small black jacket, a pink clutch, my makeup, and my cell phone, I ran out of the room and down the stairs. When we got in the car, there was another note left for me on the seat along with a box. The note read:

“Kay, here is your first present. Enjoy!
Uncle Mario”

I opened the box and inside was a diamond ballet shoe on a white gold chain. I immediately put it on and squealed with delight. Then I applied my makeup, and finished just in time. Kevin stopped the car, and opened my door. I stepped out into the crisp summer night, and looked through the window of the restaurant to see my aunt Natile, my uncle Mario, my mother Cathy, my father Jason, my little brother Stephen, and my 3 cousins, Alexa, Sara, and Jack sitting in the private room waiting. Then I looked and saw a figure of a male sitting next to my uncle.

No comments: