Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch3

Chapter 3:

“Thank you for letting me come with you” he said to me. “It’s alright, I don’t mind” I said back. “ I think your uncle told me I was staying in the guest wing of his part of the house” he said, wondering if I knew the answer. “Yes” I said back, “That’s where he was planning for you”.
After a few minutes of silence went by, I decided to ask him some questions. “How old are you Sid? You look like you’re my age, of course no offence “. “None taken” he said, “I look like I’m your age because I am, I’m 18”. “Really?” I asked, “Yeah” he said back. “Isn’t it hard coming down here not knowing anyone, being all alone, and not having any idea what it’s like in this place?” “Yeah” he said blankly. “You know I never really thought of being alone until you said it like that” he said with a sullen tone. “Oh, I’m sorry” I said, trying to sound as apologetic as I could. “It’s alright” he said looking at me, seeing how sorry I was. “So do you play hockey?” he asked me. “No, actually I’m a dancer” I said back. “Cool, I hear that stuff is pretty rough.” “Yeah, it can be” I said looking out the window.
Sitting in another 10 minutes of silence, we arrived at the house. Kevin opened the door for us, and told us that he was going to be in his quarters for the night. “Thank you Kevin” we both said at the same time. “The entrance to the walkway is through here” I said over my shoulder to Sid. “Wow, this place is huge” he responded. As we approached the archway where the houses meet, I turned around and pointed out to where things were. “The pool, the tennis court, and the gazebo are over there to the left, and the stone patio is over there to the right” I said. “My house is over to the left, behind you, and Uncle Mario’s house is over there” I said pointing in different directions. “Cool” he said, looking around. “ This place looks amazing”.
I started to walk towards Uncle Mario’s house, but when I turned around, Sidney was still standing there looking at everything. “Sid? Don’t you want to see the rest of the place?” I asked with a flirtatious tone. “Oh, yeah. Sorry I’m coming” he said. While waiting for him, I took off my shoes and left them in the entry way. “This is the entryway, shoes go there, Nancy, the maid, usually takes them up to the rooms for you if you leave them here” I said turning towards him. “And this is the hallway, kitchen is over there, living room here, bathroom over there, and upstairs are the bedrooms” I said to him acting as a tour guide. “Where’s my room?” he asked looking at me with tired eyes. “Down here, I said walking down the hallway. As we came to the door, I turned around and said “Here we are”. I opened the door and let him walk in front of me.
It was at that moment I realized there was something about him that I loved. He was extremely polite, handsome, and somehow he seemed like one of the nicest person I’ve ever met. I think he caught on with me staring at him, because he turned around and jokingly said “Nice view, I know”. Laughing with slight embarrassment, I said “Alright big shot, you’ve got the small kitchen over here, entryway here, and living room over there, upstairs is your bedroom and personal bathroom”. “Very nice” he said looking around the place. “Alright, now that you know where everything is, I assume you won’t be needing anything” I said. As I turned around to walk back towards my house, he pulled me back towards him. “Actually” he said, “I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me since we are the only two in this place for another 2 hours. “Well, let me go get changed while you settle in for a bit, and I’ll be back in 15 minutes” I said. “Perfect” he said with a smile on his face.
Once I was out of his wing, and back into my uncle Mario’s entryway, I squealed with excitement, grabbed my heels, and ran for my house.

No comments: