Sunday, July 13, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch38

Chapter 38:
He disappeared into a doorway at the end of the hallway. “This is my room” he said and sat down on his bed. I watched him look around and sigh, then lay back on his bed. I closed the door behind me and walked to him. I sat down next to him and looked around. His walls were painted blue, but you could barely see the color from all the hockey memorabilia and pictures hanging on them. After a few minutes of silence I turned to him, and then I looked at the clock. “Taylor’s movie should be on soon” I said. He sat up and told me I should get changed before the movie starts. I agreed and opened my suitcase. I took out a pair of Ralph Lauren pajama pants and a t-shirt. I turned around to see Sidney sitting on his bed again in his pajamas. I quickly changed and grabbed his hand. I pulled him off the bed and kissed him softly. He kissed back and his hands came around my waist. I nuzzled into his chest as he pulled me into a hug. “I love it here” I said. “Glad you like it” he said. He kissed my forehead and grabbed a blanket off of his bed. “She will be waiting” he said. And we walked out of his room.
Taylor was sitting on a big cushion with a bowl of popcorn on her lap on the floor. She had another cushion next to her, and that’s where Sidney sat. I sat behind them on the couch. I snuggled into the corner of the plush couch and quickly realized how tired I was. The movie started and Taylor squealed with delight. She had a huge crush on one of the main characters and whenever he would come on the screen Sidney would start talking, very loudly. She threw popcorn at him and told him to shut up or she would tell me all the stuff about his old girlfriends. I laughed when Sidney shut up, then I became a little suspicious. I shrugged it off and got lost in my thoughts about his family. My hand drifted to the edge of the couch and brushed Sid’s shoulder. I was taken out of my thoughts when I felt his hand squeeze mine. He turned around and smiled at me, I smiled back. The rest of the time I watched Taylor, and how she adored everything he did.
*
Soon enough the movie ended. Taylor fell asleep and Sidney carried her to her room to put her to bed. When he came back in the living room he had a concerned look on his face. “I swear there weren’t any other girls” he gushed. “I don’t care Sidney” I said matter-of-factly. Then I stood up and we walked down the hallway. “Sleep in here” he said pointing to his bed. “But it’s your bed, and you haven’t been home in so long” I protested. “I want you to sleep well” he said, and then he picked me up and put me on the bed. “Fine” I said, “But if you blame me for not sleeping well, I’ll hurt you” I said. Then I pulled back the covers and climbed in. He covered me up like I was a three year old. “I love you baby” he said. He kissed my cheek. When he went to stand up I pulled him down on me. I kissed him on the lips and our tongues fought for possession. He pulled away, “If you are going to start that, I’ll never leave.” I laughed and he brushed his thumb over my cheek. I leaned into his hand and smiled. It all felt so right, I was finally happy. He got up and walked to the door. “Sweet dreams” he said. Then he turned off the light and slowly closed the door.
I rolled over into the sheets. They smelt like him. It felt like home in his room. The light shining in from the window illuminated a picture of him and his family. I smiled when I looked at it. I could picture a happy family like that with myself in it. “I really love him” I said. Sleep hooded my eyes, and I felt like I was wrapped in Sidney. I breathed in his scent once more, and quickly fell asleep.
**
I woke up around 9:00. I looked in the mirror and thankfully I didn’t look like the monster I usually do. I smoothed out my hair and rinsed out my mouth. I softly opened the door and stepped into the hallway. I walked into the kitchen expecting the family to be sitting at the table, or in front of the TV, but there was no one there. I looked and there was a note on the counter.
Sid- Me and dad still have to work today. Tay is at school. Please get her off the bus around 3. I will be home between 4:30 and 5. Dad will be home later tonight. Decide what you want for dinner, its takeout night. It’s your turn to empty the dishwasher. Love you, Mom.
I smiled when I read that he has to do chores. Then I walked down the hall to the staircase. I walked down the stairs and the first thing I saw was a white floor with red and blue lines. Then slowly the mattress appeared and I saw Sid sleeping like a child. I walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. I gently shook him, he didn’t move. I said his name, no movement. He was already on his back, so I climbed on top of him and decided to have some fun.
I kissed his neck and collar bone and then the tip of his nose and his cheek. He still didn’t move. I put more of my weight on his legs and kissed his lips softly. I kept kissing him until he stirred and realized what was going on. He began to kiss back and his eyes opened. I pulled away. “Finally!” I said, “It only took me like ten minutes to wake you up!” “You could have done it the normal way!” he cried and tried to roll over. I pinned him down, which was hard considering how strong he was. “But that wouldn’t be any fun now would it?” I asked. “Of course not. But I know something fun! Let me go back to sleep.” He shut his eyes tight and I opened the shades at the top of the room. “Sucks for you. The sun is on the other side of the house in the morning” he laughed. I felt defeated. I stood up and ripped his blankets off. “Get up” I demanded. “Why?” “Because it is your turn to empty the dishwasher.” I laughed and put my hands on my hips, trying to look like I held authority. He groaned and then reached up to me. “5 minutes with you. Please, I didn’t get to be with you all night. I’m dying here” he said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down to him. I surrendered into his touch, like I always did. He pulled me close and I reached for a blanket. I let him hold me for a while, and while this was going on I realized how much I would miss him next year.
After a while I got up. Sidney had fallen back to sleep. I shook him and he finally got up. We went upstairs and he took out a bowl. He poured himself some cereal and I stood there and looked at him. “What no breakfast for me?” I asked. He looked at me and then turned to the fridge. He took out a yogurt and a bowl of fresh berries. “For you” he said and pushed them towards me, “I told Mom that your favorite thing is yogurt and berries. So she went out and bought some. I cut them up last night.” “Really now?” I asked him. “Yeah, but the knife slipped and I cut my finger” he said and looked at his finger with a frown. I stifled a giggle. “You didn’t bleed on my strawberries did you?” I asked. “No” he said rolling his eyes. I took his hand in mine and kissed his finger. “All better” I said like he was a 3 year old child. He pulled me into him and cupped my face in his hands. “What would I do without you?” he said. “Not cut yourself with a knife” I said. He chuckled and his lips crashed down on mine.

2 comments:

Ti Amo said...

Thank you so much for updating - this is my favourite story!

CrosbysBabe87 said...

Thanks for updating this!
I cant wait for more!!!