Thursday, July 3, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch34

Chapter 34:
I knocked three times, waited about 5 seconds and the door was open. He let out a breath when he saw me standing there. I couldn’t take it anymore; I ran into his arms and let him hold me. I began to cry, I was scared of would happen, I didn’t want him to let me go. He picked me up and carried me to the couch. “I’m so glad you came home” he said. I was still hanging onto him. “Me too” I said into his neck. It reminded me of when he first said his goodbye a few weeks ago. I still felt a hole in my heart.

I let go of him and regained my composure. Then I looked up at him. “Kay… I don’t want to ever let you go. I made a huge mistake that night” he said dethatching his gaze from mine, “And I never meant to hurt you. But I can’t live without you. I’ve been trying to manage for these past few weeks, but knowing that you are out there, alone, and hurting because of me… well it just doesn’t work out.” He seemed nervous and he bit the corner of his lip. “Okay” I said. I was sure now that he was serious; he wants me and only me. “I just wanted to let you know, you don’t have to be perfect for me. I know you as Sidney Crosby, the guy, not as Sidney Crosby, the superstar.” He nodded. “I love you Kay” he said, and gave me a deep kiss. “I’ve missed that” he said when he pulled away. I laughed and leaned in for more.

It was late, and he led me up to his room. I climbed under the familiar covers and snuggled against his chest. “I’m so glad you came home” he whispered into my ear. “Mmmmhmm” I said, very sleepily. He kissed my forehead and stroked my hair until I fell asleep.

I woke up around 8:00, they had a game today. Sidney was just waking up and he pulled me into him. “I haven’t slept that well in so long” he said stretching one arm, “Shower time.” He rolled off the bed and walked across the room. I rolled over and fell asleep again.
I woke up to the sound of smashing glass. “Shit” Sidney said. I looked over and saw him starring at pieces of a shattered glass and food on the floor. “I um… made you um… breakfast?” he said, embarrassment in his voice. I burst out laughing and got up from the bed. “What’s this? Superstar can’t carry two plates at one time?” I was really laughing hard at his facial expression. It was killing him. “Not funny” he managed, but a smile was growing on his face. Soon he laughed too. “I guess we’ll have to share mine” he said handing over his plate.

“Um flax seed pancakes, no syrup. Grapefruit, so sugar. No bacon, no ham. Eggs, but without the yolks. Ew, no thank you.” I said looking at the plate. “But it is a breakfast of a champion” he whined. “Yeah a champion who can’t carry two things at once” I snickered and then I looked down on the floor. Mixed fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon wheat toast were lying on the floor. He rolled his eyes at me but I then laughed again. I went to step over the glass on the floor but he put his hands out so I couldn’t move. He put his plate down on the table next to the door and reached for me. He picked me up and gently put me down in the door frame. “I don’t want you to get hurt or anything” he said sheepishly. I kissed him hard on the lips and he tightened the grip around my waist.

“I’ll see you tonight” he pulled away and let go of me. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him close again. His lips surrendered to mine and I pushed him up against the door frame. I pulled away, out of breath and smiled up at him. He put his forehead against mine and sighed. “Score some points for me tonight champ” I said. I felt his jaw tense when I mentioned points and I immediately felt regret. I made it up to him with one last kiss. Then I ran down the stairs to his front door. “Kay” he called, I looked up to him and he was standing against the rail, “I love you” he said. My stomach became overfilled with butterflies and I felt my cheeks became hot. “I love you too, and I forgive you” I said. He smiled, with relief almost, and I walked out the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

post more i love it