Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch36

Chapter 36:
Time had passed and he only had two games left in the season. Ever since he realized he wasn’t in the playoffs, his mood was horrible. He would occasionally slam things and when I would mention anything about hockey his jaw would lock and he would just glare at me. I shrugged it off. I knew it would eventually pass. And it did.
He was sitting at his bar counter in the kitchen one night eating some horrible looking healthy yogurt snack. I walked into the kitchen with Dot in my arms. I went to the other side of the counter and stood in front of him. He looked up at me and I thought I saw a smile. I put the envelope with the plane tickets on the counter and slid it slowly towards him. I put on a small fake smile and watched him glare daggers at the envelope. With one hand he opened it and looked inside. He let out a sigh when he saw the tickets, his eyes closed. Without words he stood up and walked over to me. He took Dot away from me and stroked his head before putting him down. I watched Dot scamper into the living room and I while I wasn’t paying attention Sidney pulled me close and kissed my lips softly. I smiled into the kiss and I could feel my heartbeat in my throat. “I’m sorry babe” he whispered into my ear. I told him I understood and kissed him on the cheek. Then he let me go and walked over to the fridge.
He pulled out a carton of Ben and Jerry’s Fossil Fuel ice cream and put it on the counter next to his yogurt. He motioned his head to the chair next to his and I went and sat down. He handed me a spoon and sat back down next to me. “I think I want to leave the day I clean out my stall” he said looking forward. “Alright” I said. I knew it was best not to argue with him. He was done with his thing now and was staring at me. “Something wrong?” I asked. “Well are you going to share that or just eat the whole thing?” he said, his smile was coming out now. I laughed and scooped some out with my finger. I held it out to him. He took it in his mouth and sucked on it. “That is some good ice cream” he said when he let go. I laughed again and he kissed me. That night was very interesting.
***
They won the last game. There was a positive buzz throughout the box, but there was still a small wave of disappointment because they weren’t in the playoffs. I went down to the locker room and sat in my usual spot on a chair in the hallway opposite the first dressing room. I saw a bunch of media people standing around and thought that it might be a long night. But most of the players left in a hurry and then the media quickly drained out. I overheard them saying that they were coming back the next day for longer interviews. I was busy on my Blackberry when I realized there was silence all around me.
I looked up to see that Sidney was just sitting down at his stall. He was right in front of me… only 25 feet away. I sat there looking at him for a few minutes. Then he looked up and saw me, a big smile grew on his face. I walked into the locker room and closed the door. “Well hello there” he said slipping on his blazer jacket. I kissed him on the lips and he pulled away. “Come on baby, let’s go home” he said. He put his arm around me and pulled me in close. We walked down the dark corridor and he gently kissed my forehead. I smiled and fell in love all over again.
The car ride was pretty quiet. His hand was in mine and he was absentmindedly stroking the top of my hand with his thumb. “How much should I pack for going home” I said looking up at him. “Well knowing you, you are going to bring every stitch of clothing you have” he said laughing, “But enough for a week I guess. I have to come back here on the 28th or something for a Reebok thing.” “Alright. But one week your clothes is like 2 weeks mine” I said. He laughed and agreed.
We got home and went up to his room. He threw me a long sleeved t-shirt and a pair of flannel shorts. He had just laid down when I went into the bathroom to wash up, but when I came out he had fallen asleep. When I sat down on the bed his eyes opened. “Sorry to wake you” I whispered touching his arm lightly. He smiled, “It’s alright.” I laid down facing him and I snuggled in close. I felt his arm around my waist and his fingers were playing with the shirt on my lower back. “I love you” I whispered. But I didn’t get a reply; he was already back sound asleep.
*
It was around 2:00 and I was storming around my room in a pair of boy short lace panties and a matching bra. I knew I had put my travel clothes out. It was a purple/blue Juicy sweat suit. All that was in my room was my bra and panties. “I know I put it out here” I screeched out loud staring at my closet. “Looking for these?” I heard a voice behind me. Sidney was sitting on my bed holding the sweatshirt pants and matching t-shirt in his hands. He started laughing when he saw my facial expression. I ran towards him and when I went to grab my clothes he stood up and held them over his head. I am not that tall at all, just over 5’3, so him being 5’11 is really not fair to me at all.
I jumped once for them, and then I realized I was only wearing a matching set of lingerie. He was laughing at me and mocking me. He would drop them down to my level then pick them back up, go from side to side and then back up and down. I took a step back from him and shrugged. “I guess I’ll just have to go on the plane like this” I said and I brushed my hands over my sides. I watched his gaze go up and down over me. I twirled around, “Don’t you think all the other boys on the plane will want me as bad as you do?” His gaze met mine again and I walked towards him. He pulled me into a kiss and caressed my lower back with his free hand. When I moved myself closer to him he dropped the clothes onto the bed. I turned around still in the kiss so I was the one closest to the bed. Slowly I picked up my clothes and pulled out of the kiss. Laughing I held the clothes to my chest and said “Sucker”. He laughed, I put my clothes on and then we got everything done and headed to the airport.

2 comments:

crosbystaal8711 said...

this is such a great story! cant wait for your next update =)

Amanda said...

awesome story, I love it. update soon. :]