Monday, July 14, 2008

Letting Love In-Ch40

Chapter 40:

He shut the back doors, locked them then pulled the curtains. He kissed me softly all the way to the stairs. And we were half way up the staircase in the living room when there was a knock on the door. At first he ignored it. Then it got louder. “I’ll be up in a minute” he said and ran down the stairs to the front door. I went up the stairs and check out the first room I came to.

I opened the double doors and stepped into a huge bedroom. The walls were a medium brown color and the carpet was beige. There was a king size bed centered at the back of the room and a dresser and a flat panel TV parallel on the other wall. There was a chair in a small cutout area that over looked the front yard. Then I saw two doors. I opened the one closest to the dresser. It was a huge walk in closet; bigger than mine. Two sides were distinguished with the same kind of shelving drawers and racks. There weren’t any clothes in there yet, but I figured this is probably Sidney’s first time sleeping at this house. I exited the closet and then opened the other door. It was a huge bathroom. The first thing I saw was a large Jacuzzi tub. Parallel to that was a two sink counter with cabinets on both sides. They were probably a ‘Yours And Mine’ collection. I wondered if there was a shower and a toilet in this bathroom. Sure enough through yet another door on the far side of the bathroom there was a shower stall and a toilet.
I noticed how the only room that was well furnished was this bedroom, the kitchen, and living room. Then I realized I had probably been up here for about 10 minutes just looking at things. I exited the room and walked down the front stairs. I could hear Sidney talking through the partially opened doors. I figured it was a friend of his so I opened the door. Then I saw it.

**

They were kissing. Not like ‘making-out’ kissing. Just lips touching, hard. I didn’t know what to say. My blood boiled and I managed out, “What the hell?!” I had screamed it. Loud. I slammed the door as he pulled away from her. I heard him yell something, but I couldn’t make it out, my ears were ringing and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. This time I didn’t cry, I was furious. I was running towards the living room. Why I went that way, I do not know. He ran in after me. “Kay I can explain” he said. “Explain to me why you are kissing another girl, at your house you’ve had for 4 months, while I’m here, upstairs in your bedroom. You are kidding right” I screamed. “Kay you don’t under-“ I cut him off. “Don’t even make excuses. How could you do this to me? You told me 20 minutes ago you loved me. You told me you would never hurt me” I was taking a step towards him with every word. My hands curled into fists and I threw a punch, making sure it went to the shoulder he had bruised. I hit him again, in the same spot, hoping this time I would have some reaction. I looked at him in a red gaze and saw him wince. I felt a little better. As I went to hit him again he grabbed my fists.

“You were just kissing me. We were just about to…” I was fighting to get out of his grasp and I kept yelling. “She is the reason you were sitting in your room last night holding something and got all freaked out when I came in. She is the girl that Taylor was talking about. She is the reason that you were acting so shady by the harbor today. Is she the reason why only your bedroom has furniture?” That got him. “You have no idea what you are talking about” he screamed. This frightened me and I stopped fighting for his grasp. “Now just shut up and let me talk” he said. I was taken back, he let go of me but I escaped upstairs to the bedroom. I saw some stupid looking vase thing on his dresser and hurled it at the door. It shattered loudly, it gave me some relief. I didn’t hear him coming after me. That is when I cried. I fell in a heap on the floor. I felt betrayed, hurt, sick to my stomach, and I felt a burning sensation on my lips where his had been.

I heard him walk up the stairs sometime much later and I saw the shadows of his feet under the door. I wanted him to come in, just so he could see how much he hurt me. But then again, I wanted him to stay out there and feel like an asshole. Soon the door opened. I was almost sleeping, still in that spot on the floor. I decided to stay there and look like I was sleeping just to see what he would do. “Kay?” he whispered. No response. I heard him picking up the broken pieces of pottery and putting them in a trash can near the door. Then he came over and bent down towards me to brush my hair away from my face. I imagine it was tear stained, mascara and eyeliner all a mess down my cheeks. He sighed and then walked away. I heard the bathroom door open and the water run; he came back with a warm washcloth and gently rubbed at my cheeks. He walked away again but then came back. He picked me up and put me softly onto the bed. I felt a blanket cover me and I snuggled into the covers. A minute later I felt the bed sink next to me. He leaned over and kissed my temple. “I’m so sorry Kay” he began in a whisper, “I told her to leave. I never wanted to see her again. I told her I was in love with you and that when we are old enough we are going to get married. She was just about to walk away when she heard you open the door. She kissed me. I swear I didn’t do anything. After you closed the door I screamed at her to get out of my life. I want you and only you. I love you so much, and I hope you forgive me.” He sighed and kissed me again, like he was afraid to.

I don’t care what he just said. I needed to know the whole story before I could forgive him.This time it wasn't going to be that easy. But hearing just that little part made me regret screaming at him and hitting him. I was still upset and a tear rolled down my cheek as he slowly and carefully put a hand on my side. I was facing away from him, so it was safe to open my eyes. I looked around and saw that there was a small night-light on in the corner of the room and I saw he had brought up a bottle of water and a few cookies on a plate on the bedside table next to me. I looked at the clock too. ’12:36’. “Wow I had been lying there a long time” I said to myself. Then I fell asleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your story! I loved this latest chapter and can't wait for the next one.

Amanda said...

oh my word. this is by far one of the best sid fics i have ever read.

Lauren said...

I love this story! I can't wait to hear his detailed explanation! :) Update soon please!

Aeryn said...

Whoa, didn't see that one coming. I love it, can't wait for the next update!

mare said...

ho-ly crap!!!! that was awesome. cant believe he did that.. lol im so into this story. i for sure cant wait til you update.!