Sunday, August 10, 2008

More Than A Memory-Ch9

Chapter 9:
It had been three days since I had talked to him. I had a number of texts and voice mails all of him asking me to call, or just reply so that he knew I was ok. I answered one text. I said yes to his question of 'are you still alive'. It was a game night and I had enough of running away from my feelings. I called him during the first period and left him a voice mail. "It’s me. I'll stay up tonight. If you don't show up by 11 I'm not letting you in" I said. I hung up the phone and sighed.The game was over a little after 9:30. He sure had enough time to get here, but with the stupid reporters that never leave him alone, I knew he would cut it close. I stayed on my couch enjoying re-runs of my favorite soap opera, General Hospital, on Soap Net. I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the clock on the far wall. It was 11:06. I walked down the stairs to the door. I pulled open the blinds and stood there looking at him. "It’s passed 11" I said loudly through the large glass window. He rolled his eyes at me. "I'm sorry" he said, half mocking me. "You heard what I said in the message" I said flatly. "I'm not even 10 minutes over" he said looking at his cell phone. I looked at him. Standing there in the dark. His face was illuminated by the light from my entry way, he looked tired, and annoyed. "Peyton please let me in" he cried, "its freezing out here!" I hesitated and then pulled the blinds shut. I heard an angry sigh, and then I unlocked the door and opened it. He stepped in and followed me up the stairs. I grabbed a blanket off of the back of the couch, wrapped it tightly around myself and sat down on the couch. He sat down across from me on a reclined chair. He was silent for a minute and then he sighed and looked up at me."I'm sorry" he said quietly. I just stared at him. I shook my head, "you shouldn't apologize, I was being weird." We were silent for another few minutes. I watched him sink into the chair. He looked at me with tired eyes, and I knew what I had to say.I pulled the blanket around me, like to build up a safety wall around myself. I took a breath and closed my eyes. "I still love you" I whispered. I had spoken so softly that I didn't think he heard me. After a few seconds he stood up and walked over to me. He sat down next to me and pulled my face into his hands. "I've been waiting to hear you say those words again" he whispered. His caramel gaze searched mine. I felt like this was home. He leaned forward to kiss my forehead. I relaxed into him as he pulled me close to him. I stretched the blanket out over his legs and put my head on his chest. I felt his steady breathing and his index finger making slow circles on my hip. I felt his muscles relax one by one until I looked up at him and his eyes were closed. I shook his arms gently and he opened his eyes to look down at me. "Sid you fell asleep" I said quietly. "You should go home and get some sleep." He shook his head as I stood up. "Can I stay here?" He asked warily, "I'm too tired to drive home." "Sure" I said, my heart beat racing as he stretched, showing his perfectly chiseled abs. He grabbed another blanket and started to stretch out on the couch. He stopped when he saw me staring at him. "Come on" I said. He followed me upstairs to my room and climbed under the sheets. My body found his and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed me on the temple and I put my hand on his heart.He smiled and nuzzled his head into my neck. Within seconds, he was asleep again.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I like the updates! More soon, please!

crosbystaal8711 said...

awww so cute =) please update soon

gilld22 said...

I like where this is going - good work.

Aeryn said...

Adorable. It makes me feel all cozy. i love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your stories