Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Than A Memory-Ch17

So so so sorry for the long wait. Here's a small update.
School ends soon, so I will hopefully be writing A LOT more !



After arguing with him that his goal was indeed illegal, we started over. Of course he got the puck passed me quickly, but I skated after him and did some fancy stick work, which was really just me moving it around quickly, and poked it away from him. I shot it down the few feet past the center line and stuck my tongue out at him as I skated after it. The strides weren't really even though, mine equaling a half of each of his, so he approached it first. I tried blocking him by standing in front of him and reaching around his sides.

"Babe, this isn't basketball" he said laughing and flipping the puck around me, sailing it right into the net. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but I don't know how to play defense!" I fake whined, then burst out laughing. He skated and brought the puck back on his stick, placing it between us. "Okay, then I'll teach you." He said getting closer to me. I smiled up at him as he spoke. "You have to get close to the guy, and then make it so they can't move away," he slipped one of his legs around mine and locked it tight, "then you have to block them from seeing anyone to pass to and get a good angle," he bent his head towards me and I felt his hand curl around my waist. "Then you go after your target" he said quietly, then kissing me slowly.

While he kissed me I moved my stick and inch and got the puck on the end. I caught him off guard and brushed my tongue over his bottom lip, I felt his grip loosen and right as he was about to deepen the kiss I skated away with the puck and shot it into the net. "Is that how?" I asked innocently. He shook his head, "That should be a penalty." I laughed and skated back with the puck, meeting him at center ice. We bent over to take another "face off" and he was smiling down at me. "What?" I asked. He didn't say anything but kissed the tip of my nose. "Your a very good defenseman." I laughed and he won the draw. I skated after him and threw a hip check into him to make him lose control. "Ughhh!" He pretend groaned, then hit me causing me to lose my balance and slip. His hands caught me before my feet came out from underneath me. My mouth hung open and he looked down at me, "Sorry. I didn't mean..."

I stood up and regained my balance before pushing him backwards and dropping my stick. He grinned like a cheshire cat and pushed my shoulder back after dropping his stick. I threw my gloves off and went to play hit him again, but he grabbed my fists and held them at my sides. "You really want to go?" He asked in a husky voice. "Mhm" I said getting close to his lips, "Bring it." That grin appeared again and he spun me around and we landed gently on the ice. I was laying on top of him and started hitting his chest as he laughed at me. Soon I gave up and engulfed myself in his lips.

"I think we should go inside" he mumbled onto my lips. "Why?" "I don't want to be arrested for public indecency." We both laughed and got up. I climbed on his back and he carried me back into the house. We took off the skates and he turned me around pressing me into him.

"I love you." "I love you too."

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

AHHHHHH! YOUR BACK! It's been waaaaaaay to long! I seriously was gonna post today saying that you got a pretty good amount of people following you stories, so post some updates!!! LOL! Even though it was a short chapter, it was great and better than nothing! Update soon!

B said...

OHH!! THAT WAS SOOO CUTE! I loved it!

Anonymous said...

oh my goshhhhh
finallyyy!!
and i loved it!

Steph said...

Hey girl! I just found your story and have been reading it and it's great. Only thing is after chapter 4 it skips to chapter 16.....I can't find the middle! Please help I would love to read the whole thing. My e-mail address is steelers1114@yahoo.com
Thanks so much and keep up the good work,
Stephanie

Steph said...

Ok nevermind I found the chapters on the right side....sorry I'm sleepy but trying to stay up to read! lol
Steph