Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lost & Found-2

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Sorry for the ending to this one ;]


Chapter 2:

“Where you headed?” A voice called out from behind me.
I turned around to see a very cute, tall boy following me.
“Oh. I’m just looking around the campus.”
“Sweet deal. Are you from around here?”
“No, actually. I’m just checking things out down here. I got into three different colleges and I decided I should look at each one in person before choosing which one I should go to.” I didn’t know why I was telling this to a total stranger.
“That’s a very smart thing to do. I’m Braydon by the way.”
“Amanda. So what year are you here?”
“A junior. I’m working for my undergrad in Emergency Medicine.”
“Impressive. So what is good about this school?”
“Well, the people are nice, professors are nice and the atmosphere is positive.”
I nodded, looking around.
“Want me to show you around? I’m done with classes for today.”
“That would be great!” I said with a big smile.
He adjusted the bag on his shoulder and we made our way into a large building.


Three hours later I learned that he was 21, from Pennsylvania, had 3 younger sisters, and had an extremely cute smile. I told him all about why I was down here and all about my family back home. I think we covered every subject and more in that short time. We walked around the whole campus, in and out of buildings and by the time we were back in the center my feet were killing me.
“What are you doing the rest of your time here besides looking at colleges?”
I sat down on a bench and he followed.
“Well Sarah and I are going to a hockey game tonight.”
“Penguins. Very cool. Good team.”
I smiled and immediately remembered the stranger from the bar. A confused look must have spread across my face as I looked around at all the faces blurring past us.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“I just… met someone last night.”
“Why do you think he is here?”
“He said on a napkin with his number that he would see me today.”
“Weird? What’s his name?”
“That’s the problem. He left before I could get it.”
He scanned the crowd. “Well, what did he look like?”
“Tall, muscular, dark hair.”
“Well that narrows it down to only about 5,000 people.”
I laughed, “I know right.”
I looked around for a few more moments before his cell rang.
“Sorry I have to go. My roommate got locked out.”
He pulled out a set of car keys and stood up.
“Sorry to leave you but my place is like 15 minutes from here and he has a whole load of groceries with him.”
“Wait you don’t live on campus?”
“No.”
“Oh. That’s ok then. It’s about time that I start getting back anyway. Apparently I have a long night ahead of me.”
He smiled that smile.

“Are you busy tomorrow night?”
“As far as I know, nope.”
“Want to catch dinner or something?”
“Sure.” I smiled back and we traded numbers.
After we said goodbye I looked down at my phonebook. ‘Burger and fries’ was the name I put with the strangers number.
I sighed and looked around.
“No luck here.”
I picked up my bag and made my way back to the hotel, calling Sarah on the way to tell her to call when she was near.

*

I stood in my towel looking at my suitcase. “So many options!”
I finally picked out a silver sequined tank top with a black bomber jacket over it, skinny jeans and a pair of chunky black slouched ankle boots. Just as I zipped up my jacket my phone rang.
“Are heels too much?” She asked.
“Nope. I’m wearing them too.”
“Good. I’ll be in the lobby in 5.”
“Okay. See you soon.”

We stood in line for what seemed like forever and I listened to her talk about all the players she found to be gorgeous. I kept my eye on the crowd, watching for the man who hadn't appeared to me yet during the day.
“My top favorite, Jordan Staal. He is so tall, blonde and I swear he has a jaw of the gods." I laughed and walked forward.
"Next, Sidney Crosby. He is the best player in the whole NHL. He's not as tall as Jordan, but he is still up there. He's really muscular and has dark curly hair."
I nodded half paying attention... "Wait how old is he?"
"Twenty-one."
"Oh." No, it couldn't be him.
"Then next is Malkin. I don't know what it is about him, but there is something extra sexy about his accent..."

10 minutes later we took our seats, very close to the ice next to some Plexiglas box where a man in a suit was sitting.
"What is that?" I pointed to the box.
"Penalty box."
"What is that?" I repeated with a laugh.
"It's where the players sit when they get a penalty."
"Nice."

Suddenly the whole place went dark and everyone stood up and cheered as a line of black jerseys came out and zipped around the ice. I recognized some of the people Sarah had talked about; Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Whitney, and Tablot. I looked around the ice to try and find Crosby.
"What number is Crosby again?"
She pointed to a man in front of us wearing a jersey.
"Oh yeah. Right. 87."
“If you forget it again just look at any of the thousands of people here.”

We both laughed at my brain lapse and I spotted him at center ice. Of course his back was turned to me and every time he passed by he was going too fast to get a good look at him.

"It’s him!" Sarah blabbed out as Jordan took a spot on the ice to stretch right in front of us. I was doubled over laughing watching her take out her phone and video tape the whole stretch, and then watch it over again after he skated away.
"What? I girls gotta do what a girls gotta do."

With that, they started.
During the first part, nothing interesting happened. Only one guy on the Penguins was called to the box. But it wasn't one of our people of interest. The second part was a little more interesting.
I listened and watched as Sarah shrieked out as Jordan was called to the box for 4 minutes for hitting a guy with a stick.

“He. Is. Right. There.”
“I know” was all I could manage to get out before she held her hand up to silence me.
“Let me enjoy this.”
I laughed hard as he turned to look at her and she threw on a Colgate smile. She waved her fingers at him and he smiled back. She sat there glowing while they were staring at each other. Soon the man in the suit ruined her moment and he sprinted back out onto the ice.
“Did you see that?”
“See what?”
“He totally just eye-fucked me.”

That sent me over the edge and I was doubled over laughing once again.
It was a while before I caught my breath and another player was sent to the box. I turned to see who it was. I froze.

“Burger. And. Fries.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG please update.... Like tonight!!! This is sooo good!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!
who is it?!?!?!?!

bahahh "he totally just eye fucked me" lol hahahah

Katie said...

AHHH OMG I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

Anonymous said...

ommmggg moree!! <333333 :)

Anonymous said...

“Burger. And. Fries.”

Haha love it..more soon please!

gilld22 said...

Love it, hope you can update soon